The Illumina MiSeq next generation sequencer is now in the Genomics division of the OUHSC core facilities! The MiSeq is identical to other Illumina sequencers like the HiSeq but costs and turnaround time are much less since the MiSeq is a single lane machine. Each paired-end run on the MiSeq results in a single sequencing lane yielding 7.5-8.5 Gb of sequence data (500 cycle paired end run). In addition, samples can be run individually or multiplexed using Illumina indexing chemistry which can further reduce per sample run costs. Cost estimates are given below for library construction, sequencing, and preliminary bioinformatic analysis.
- small genome resequencing
- de novo sequencing and assembly of clinical isolates and other unknowns
- small RNA profiling
- whole transcriptome analysis
- microbial community studies using multiplexed 16s amplicon pools
- TruSeq amplicon Cancer panels (48 gene validated panel)