The Laboratory of Biomolecular Structure and Function (LBSF) was created in 2015 to serve scientists of Oklahoma City, in particular OUHSC and OMRF, that are interested in structural aspects of their macromolecular targets. It is one of four core facilities in the Oklahoma Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (CoBRE) in Structural Biology (OCSB)and is part of the OUHSC Vice President Research Core Facilities. LBSF was created on the basis of the Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of OUHSC created in 1998, which was converted to core facility of OCSB in 2012.
The laboratory itself is equipped with modern crystallographic equipment and computers: Rigaku 007 generator, R_axis IV and Mar345 image plate detectors, Osmic mirrors on both ports, Rigaku and Oxford Systems crystal cooling systems. The R-AXIS IV has an optional helium path for working with large unit cells. D-Trek, XDS, Mosflm and HKL2000 image processing software are available for data processing, Any of Phenix, CCP4, CNS program suites can be used for structure determination and refinement, while COOT, Chimera and Molmol are offered for graphical representation of the results.A Wyatt plate reading dynamics light scattering instrument that enables high-throughput data collection with no user intervention for evaluation of the oligomerization states of proteins.
Laboratory provides following services:
- X-ray crystal screening and quality evaluation;
- optimization of cryo protectant solution;
- X-ray data collection, processing and evaluation;
- structure determination, structure refinement, structure analysis;
- design of mutant proteins based on structural information;
- preparation of figures for grant applications and publication.
- Additional services include:
- crystallization experiment design and set-up;
- interfacing with the OU crystallization facility;
- dynamic light scattering data collection and analysis.
Simon Terzyan PhD – Staff Scientist
$10.00/hour for x-ray data collection system usage $50.00/hour for assistance of personal.
The Laboratory is located in the Biomedical Research Center Building on the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
975 NE 10th Street
Biomedical Research Center Building
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
Download a Campus Map